Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sometimes you just need to vent...

So, just a little venting post...

So my sister had her baby, and all I've been hearing, is "when are you going to have a baby?"  UGH.  I know it's reasonable to wonder if I'm thinking of kids since I've been married and I'm getting older...and most people have kids by my age...and all my friends have children and all my cousins have children (even the younger than me cousins)...

I'm so sick of the questioning.  I'm sick of people making up excuses for me.  My typical response is "maybe in a year or two"--but they don't just accept that.  They have to find out WHY.  You're focused on your career right now aren't you?  (NO, i am NOT a career woman who doesn't want a family!)  Oh, you're not ready are you?  (YES, we feel ready, and yes we are trying, but I'm not going to tell YOU that!)  You're still enjoying being newlyweds and doing your own thing aren't you?  (NO, we've been married over 2 years and are ready for our next step...my body just won't let us!)  The excuses go on and on and on...I'm starting to think I need to figure out an excuse myself that I can satisfy people with.  It is so frustrating and I feel like crying each time I get this questioning.

I'm trying so hard to be supportive for my sister, and to be there for her, but it's hard with everyone else around.

I just don't know how to feel any more.

Have to get ready for work, I will post about my medical updates another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment