Saturday, January 15, 2011

to start with...

well, let me start my blog with a little intro. my name is jen.  i'm 28 years old...my hubby's also 28...and we are tryin to have a baby.  ready to start a family.  we've been ready for a year, and been trying...

in december, i finally went to see a doctor to see why we weren't getting pregnant.  i told her my periods range from 28 days to 50 days with the majority lasting more in the 40s days.  she did some blood tests and an ultrasound (very awkward!) and diagnosed me with pcos.

since then, i have done so much research on the internet, scared myself terribly with all the complications that COULD possibly happen...then i found a website called PCOSupport.org and it has been wonderful.  other women post their experiences and are there to help...it's making me feel much more at ease with the whole pcos thing.

i still feel "broken".  like there is something wrong with me.  i am not normal.  it helps to know that i am not alone.  my husband tries to be supportive, but right now what i really need (and have found on the mentioned website) is other people just like me.

it's going to be an adventure...learning about pcos some more.  it's not going to be easy, and i am feeling really depressed at the moment--to the point of not sleeping or eating well.  i think i will feel better next week after i meet with my doc to discuss a treatment plan...look at my options.

if anyone's reading this, great, but if not, this will be my therapy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment